|You are in:
Fukuoka: Survival: Getting Around
Getting Around (Qjmp: 18011)
Fukuoka has a modern, extensive transportation network connecting it to all parts of Japan and the major cities of Asia.
| Transport network |
Hakata is the major transport centre of the city, with a smaller centre at Tenjin. Click the image on the left for a printable local transportation map.
- an international airport close to the city
- the southern terminus for the shinkansen (the "bullet train")
- a clean, efficient municipal subway (guide)
- an urban expressway (guide)
- an extensive local bus network (guide)
- an extensive local train network (guide)
- several highway bus terminals connecting it to cities minor and major (guide)
- an efficient taxi service (guide)
- an international ferry terminal
- a local ferry terminal at Bayside Place
Cycling is a common means of getting around, bicycles sharing the pavement with pedestrians.
Fukuoka is a compact city, most places can be reached after a short train, subway or bus ride.